How do I request a repeat prescription?
Prescriptions for drugs, which have been authorised as a repeat prescription by the doctor may be ordered:
- Post your printed request in the prescription post box situated on the wall in the main entrance. Please include a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post the prescription back to you.
- By using the automated service on the phone (24 hours per day/365 days a year). Please ask one of the receptionists to set this up for you.
- Online via the link at the top of this page (24 hours per day/365 days a year). Please ask one of the receptionists to set this up for you.
- Ask your local pharmacy to order and collect your prescriptions on your behalf.
- You can also reduce the number of times you need to order your medication by asking the doctor if you could be set up for repeat dispensing.
72 working hours notice is required for the processing of repeat prescriptions. Requests received after 16:00 will be treated as having been received the next day.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse every six months to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.