Conditions for which prescribing is restricted
At the end of May 2018, NHS England announced that certain medications would no longer be routinely available on prescription. A full list of the conditions this affects is given below:
- Vitamins and minerals
- Acute Sore Throat
- Infrequent Cold Sores of the lip.
- Coughs and colds and nasal congestion
- Cradle Cap (Seborrhoeic dermatitis – infants)
- Infant Colic
- Mild Cystitis
- Mild Irritant Dermatitis
- Diarrhoea (Adults)
- Dry Eyes/Sore (tired) Eyes
- Excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- Head Lice
- Indigestion and Heartburn
- Infrequent Constipation
- Infrequent Migraine
- Insect bites and stings
- Mild Acne
- Mild Dry Skin
- Sun Protection
- Mild to Moderate Hay fever/Seasonal Rhinitis
- Minor burns and scalds
- Minor conditions associated with pain, discomfort and/fever. (e.g. aches and sprains, headache, period pain, back pain)
- Mouth ulcers
- Nappy Rash
- Oral Thrush
- Prevention of dental caries
- Ringworm/Athletes foot
- Teething/Mild toothache
- Travel Sickness
- Warts and Verrucae
If you have any queries around this, please speak to your GP.
SYHA have recently launched a new Trial aimed at getting people back into work following long term sickness. If you are interested in learning more about it or taking part, please look at the Working Win webpage by following the link below. You can self refer, or speak to one of the GP's next time you visit the practice.
Staff Training Closures
We are closed on the following dates for staff training:
- Wednesday 13th of June from 12pm
- Wednesday 18th of July from 12pm
- Wednesday 15th of August from 12pm
- Wednesday 19th of September from 12pm
- Wednesday 17th of October from 12pm
- Wednesday 14th of November from 12pm
- Wednesday 12th of December from 12pm
Also there will be no Doctors on site from 12pm on Thursday the 7th of June.
Important changes to Saturday surgery times
Commencing 2nd January 2016
We have been notified by NHS Barnsley CCG that the emergency appointments offered on Saturday mornings by our practice are to cease on 26tth December. This is due to the introduction of iHeart Barnsley, the new Barnsley wide service for emergency out of hours appointments. From 2nd January we will be offering appointments to our patients on Saturday mornings between 8.30am - 12.30pm which will all be pre bookable. Patients who are unable to get an appointment on a Saturday are advised to contact iHeart Barnsley on 01226 242429.
Named Accountable GP
All patients will have a named accountable GP who will be responsible for patients' overall care at the practice. This does not stop you from seeing any other GP or Nurse Practitioner in the practice. Where a patient wishes to see a particular GP, they may have to wait longer to see their preferred practitioner. We will inform patients of their accountable GP opportunistically when patients contact the surgery. If you wish to know who your named accountable GP is, please contact the practice on 01226 700400.